Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thunder, Lightening, the way you Love me is Frightening!

Whew! That was quite a little rain storm we had this morning...and I think it's gearing up to go again. And there goes some poor soul for a hike on the trails right now! Perhaps she should rethink her exercise routine today. Hit the elliptical instead today, folks...if it isn't raining, our trails are sure to be mud-packed messes.

I've heard it through the grapevine that "the bear" aka Harrison, got herself into some muddy fun in our backyard today. Something about the "entire left side of her body" and being "barricaded in the kitchen for a good long while." So she's been bathed, and was rolling her little heart out all around the house this afternoon...according to the husband. She manages to have fun no matter what the weather in the great outdoors! And she's only killed 3 bunnies this year!

On a different note entirely, I've been doing my fair share of keeping up with the "Jon & Kate Plus 8" dramailty news that's been circulating. This was one of my favorite shows back when it started. It was a great look into the lives of these seemingly normal folks with a crap load of children. They were down to earth and their imperfections at dealing with life, each other, the kids was a plesant alternative to so many other programs on at the time. Then it began to gain popularity and it became something different entirely. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the show and for the most part, I enjoy it, but man oh man, it got very glamorous and orchastrated and that Kate seemed pretty mean to Jon and that Jon seemed pretty short with his kids and now, all this crazy controversy is going on! What kind of happy, easy-going family is this? So, I guess you just can't really ever call being on tv "reality." Or maybe you can call it that, but you also have to realize your "reality" is going to get way ridiculous, way fast. Let that be a lesson to you Duggar family! Anyway, I'm going to keep watching the show and maybe that's wrong of me to do, invading the privacy of these kids who seem to look sad in many of their publicity photos, but until they start competing for cash prizes and giving each other weird nick names or striving for the attention of Flavor Flav and Bret Michaels, it still beats all the rest!

No comments: