Monday, February 9, 2009

Feels Like Home

Big news from the Moyer household...

We're moving!

I never thought I would be doing this again this soon after purchasing our first home together 2 years ago, but here we are...moving again!

My parents decided to build a house in a little "over 50" development called "The Gardens" about 2 miles down the road from their current house and they asked if we wanted/would buy their home from them. I was skeptical at first, but upon sharing this news with Danny, he jumped on it and said he definately wanted to. I was surprised because we all discussed this before when it was more of a fantasy on my parent's end and he wasn't really interested. But now after living in our home for a couple years, we're going to go ahead and jump on this opportunity.

Here's our thought process...
We love (well me more than Danny) our current house. It's got charm out the ying yang, has great living space, big rooms, really cute decor, basement, etc. We've added many upgrades and improvements as well such as: new plumbing, new toilet, removed carpeting to reveal hardwood floors, new drywall and recessed lighting in dining room, repaired master bedroom ceiling crack, fenced in yard with privacy fence, insulated/heated garage, new water heater, and eventually a new front door and new kitchen floor (looking back we've really done a lot of stuff!).

During these past few years, we've also come to realize the eventuality of moving within the next five years due to children (hopefully) and more outdoor room for our giant dog. As we realized this, we made a list of wants/needs for the next home, as people do: one story, bigger fenced in
yard, ability to add on/expand, attached garage, different school district (if we could get it).

Mom and Dad's house (my childhood home) meets all these wants/needs and then some and won't require us to necessarily pay more than we did previously for our current home, which is a huge bonus.

So, to not take this opportunity just because I didn't think I was done living in our current home wouldn't be very logical, plus I could not imagine any other family living in that house. I would be sad to have it changed in any way by someone else. That said, I plan on changing just about everything...but that's okay, because it's me!

So anyway, Mom and Dad will be moving out in September, so we've got to get our house on the market asap! I hope it sells in this economy, yet it if sells too quickly, we'll be moving into Mom and Dad's house until their's is finished. That'll be interesting!

That'll be our project for next few months, anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The green chair is much closer to being in the exchange game....nobody should get real excited, but the lounger could be coming your way.

Leslie said...

Erin, exciting exciting.. Im so happy for you two and this next new venture! How exciting to bring home your babies someday to where you were raised. Awesome!