Tuesday, February 3, 2009

North To Alaska

Well, more like North to Almost Wisconsin...

I'm going on a road trip!

Hang on, don't get too excited...it's a work road trip. I am going with 5 other people, all men. Needless to say, I get my own room! I think it will be fun due to the people going. I went on a similar work road trip last year and it SUCKED HARD due to the people who went. Sorry, I hate the phrase "sucked hard" but feel it clearly illustrates the amount of horridness that was that work road trip, so if you also hate the phrase, you can suffer to some extent as I did those 2 days I will never get back in my life.

On a completely different note...here is some useless info about me I just posted on facebook that I will now share here. Is that blog cheating? Too bad if it is!

1. I was always one of the shortest people in my class.
2. In high school I dated this kid named Danny Moyer and figured it wouldn't last, which is didn't. But, 6 years later I married him.
3. I require veg-out time. I need to just sit and do nothing but watch tv for a good chunk of time.
4. I was a member of the Elwin Stamp Club and am proud of it! Those were some good times!
5. Before I got married, my initials were all E's and everyone felt the need to point this out to me like I wasn't aware.
6. I am not teaching like I went to college for. I am okay with that and wish people would stop asking me why I'm not a teacher.
7. I strive to know the words to songs because I had some pretty embarrassing mis-heard lyrics in my youth that I am still made fun of for.
8. I will probably never move out of the Decatur/Elwin area and I'm okay with that too.
9. I used to always want press-on nails after seeing the commercial for Lee press-on nails. Press-on nails brought to you by the Lee company. So I thought all press-on nails were called "Lee Press-on nails" and I asked for them all the time. I was finally set straight years later and I did eventually purchase press-on nails only to be let down by their level of quality.
10. I am so ready for motherhood, it's not even funny.
11. I sing in a band...it's a dream come true from the days I used to pretend to sing in a band in my basement.
12. I have the cutest dog around!
13. I have 2 tattoos. Got the first one, a sun, before high school graduation, got the second one, danny's initials, right before I got married.
14. I am extremely close to my family. (I stole this one from my sister's, but it is very true)
15. I never really dated all that much. I found it way more fun to just hang out with a bunch of guys, therefore by-passing all the guy/girl drama for the most part.
16. I used to be a hotel maid...those were certainly not the days!
17. I have a fear of bridges and drowning. I think that a bridge will collapse while I'm on it and I will then drown in my car in the river below.
18. I was absolutely terrified of Malificent, the villian from Sleeping Beauty, for months after I saw the movie. I was convinced she was waiting for me in the hallway that led to my bedroom. 19. I made my family participate in a fire drill at our home during fire safety week during my grade school years. I appreciate them going along with it. We all met in the driveway, though I'm pretty sure I enacted it at dinner when we were all in one place.
20. Along with teaching, as a Naturalist at Rock Springs, I took care of all the reptiles and amphibians and can now handle snakes with the best of 'em!
21. I miss riding my bike everyday of the summer like I did as a kid, but would never do it again.
22. I hate all hot tea and rarely drink cold tea.
23. I learned to like coffee at Theater Fest my sophomore year of high school in the U of I student Union. I remember it so clearly.
24. I cannot sleep if someone is snoring. It just doesn't happen.
25. I couldn't swallow pills until I was like 15 years old. I always thought I would choke on them.

Other things I didn't put on this list but could have:
In addition to being a maid, I have also been a dishwasher, bean walker, and corn roguer. Man I had some fabulous jobs!
Even though I'm not a teacher, I was KICK ASS at teaching. And I hope to teach in some capacity, be it as a Naturalist again or just for my own kids (though I am not a fan of home-schooling unless you have no other means of education).
I was a pretty good clarinet player, though I haven't touched my instrument (try not to make that dirty like I am doing right now in my head) for years!
I taught myself to play the piano. It kind of shows.

I think that's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the fire drills and I believe it was during dinner where we all just got up and went outside and stood in the driveway....I wouldn't bet against the Kierbs doing the same thing....just a couple of good, dorky families.

Little Candle said...

When and where are you coming? Belvidere by any chance? Maybe we could try the whole get together idea again....