Tuesday, February 17, 2009

That's Amore

We had a very nice, low-key Valentine's Day.

Plans were made to go out to dinner and then come home and watch a movie and I had even picked out what I was going to wear to fulfill that "dressy, yet comfortable" look. This can sometimes be challenging and even more so when 96% of your wardrobe is dirty and waiting to be washed. But, even with the obstacles, I managed to find something decent to wear. We had been out doing errands all day, seperately so we were making plans via cell phone and rushing. Actually, I made Danny make the plans...I do that sometimes. I hurried up and took a shower and then somehow ended up in unmatching pajamas on the couch. It was too early to put on my "going out" clothes, yet I had already showered so I just threw on my pjs and when that happens...I tend to become lazy. PJs = tv on the couch or sleeping. Plans tend to fall by the wayside when I don't get completely ready in one swoop. And then the kicker, Danny sat right down next to me and we started watching House.

Well, dinner plans went right out the window.

We ended up ordering Monicals pizza, renting a pay-per-view movie (The Dark Knight-good flick), and drinking our respective alcoholic beverages. It was really nice! I even mangaged to remain awake throughout the entire movie! And...I got to stay in my unmatching pj's which are in no way dressy, but completely comfortable.

As for gifts, I got some of those "last minute" flowers and he got a frozen pizza and a can of artichoke hearts with the promise of me preparing the pizza adorned with the artichoke hearts. I don't know if you can tell from the description, but this was also last minute and pilfered from my Mom and Dad's house. Go us! Harrison got new rawhide bones, I'd say she scored most of all.

I did manage to clean the downstairs big time on Sunday. And having Monday off was great! I went out with Mom to pick up paint samples and have pretty much chosen all the colors for our house. The bonus of buying their house (one of them) is that I can look at paint chips in the actual rooms I will be painting, instead of waiting until we actually move in. We can change our address early to make sure all the mail is ending up there and that really excites me. I am still getting mail for the old occupants of our current house 2 years later. And some of it is like, personal mail...well, I'm assuming.

Here's the bummer of the weekend- We are no longer refinancing since we're moving, but, we had already had some title work done and had the house appraised so we had to pay for that which ended up being a few hundred dollars which we had not planned on spending. So that sucked, but my mom bought me some new shoes and coffee, so I felt better about myself then!

I really enjoy having days off, this whole working thing, though keeping up afloat financially, really cuts into my daily enjoyment of life.

No comments: