Friday, December 19, 2008

Walkin' In A Winter Wonderland

Or trying not to fall is more like it!

So it's been a bit icy around here this past week. Thankfully, I have managed to stay on my feet, but some of my friends and co-workers haven't been so lucky! At first, it was too cold for the salt to melt anything, so the ice remained untouched. Now, the salt is melting, but because there is a nice layer of ice built up, the water is just sitting on top of the slickness, making it even more slick! Love it! I have resolved to walking like a little old lady, taking very small steps, to ensure I do not fall. I don't care how long it takes me to get to the car, I am going to remain standing!

So, apparently, we are supposed to get snow on Christmas Eve. Don't the weather people say that every year? I think it's a requirement of that day to just say to all of us wishing for a white Christmas that yes, there is a chance of snow! We'll find out in a mere 6 days. 6 days! Not counting the rest of this workday, I only have 2 more before Christmas. I am taking Christmas Eve off and the day after off. Last year I worked both of those days and it was a little depressing. This year I have actual vacation time, so I get to have a little holiday break, just like the good old days in school (not quite that long).

In other news, it should be a nice weekend. Hubby and I are going to hang out with friends tonight and play a little Wii. I heart Wii. It's very fun! Saturday I am going to have lunch with Ashley and Kayla. I haven't seen them really since BEFORE Thanksgiving and that is unacceptable...so much catch up is planned for that day, not that I have too much news to share. Sunday we will have dinner at my parents house. My sister and brother-in-law and nephew are coming to drop Austin off for a few days with my parents. We are going to bring our baby, Harrison, for a little play date!

That should do it for me! I'll try to take some pictures this weekend and put up a photo post before the holidays...we'll call that a goal for next week!

Have a great weekend!
erin

No comments: