Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"I'm the man you brings you roses when you ain't got none..."


This is a line from Loving Cup by the Rolling Stones (a song our band does) and when I heard it, I instantly thought of Danny. The whole song reminds me of him. On our second first date (We dated in high school for 6 months - another story for another blog) he came to my parents' house with yellow roses, my favorite. This was huge for me as I was in a place in life where all I wanted was a guy who would just show up, be a man, and know how to treat me. This is Danny. And with yellow roses!

Well, I was just called upstairs here at work and what do I find but a HUGE bouquet of purple roses with baby's breath in a purple vase with a note ..."love Danny."!! There is no occassion, no fight to make up for, no request from me to buy me flowers. He just sent them because he wants to be a "better husband." Well he was really pretty fantastic to begin with, trust me!





What a wonderful man I have...I am a lucky and loved wife!

erin

LOVING CUP (M. Jagger/K. Richards)
I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.

I'm the plowman in the valley with a face full of mud.
Yes, I'm fumbling and I know my car don't start.
Yes, I'm stumbling and I know I play a bad guitar.

Give me little drink from your loving cup. Just one drink and I'll fall down drunk.

I'm the man who walks the hillside in the sweet summer sun.
I'm the man that brings you roses when you ain't got none.
Well I can run and jump and fish, but I won't fight
You if you want to push and pull with me all night.

Give me little drink from you loving cup. Just one drink and I'll fall down drunk.

I feel so humble with you tonight, Just sitting in front of the fire.
See your face dancing in the flame, Feel your mouth kissing me again,
What a beautiful buzz, what a beautiful buzz,
What a beautiful buzz, what a beautiful buzz.
Oh, what a beautiful buzz, what a beautiful buzz.

Yes, I am nitty gritty and my shirt's all torn,
But I would love to spill the beans with you till dawn.

Give me little drink from your loving cup. Just one drink and I'll fall down drunk.

2 comments:

Little Candle said...

Erin!
How fabulous are you???? Welcome to blogland! I love it and I am so glad that you have joined up! I have enjoyed reading your posts so far! (Seriously, how many exclamation points can I use?)
I recognized the window shades from the ol' office in your pictures...how are things? Still hanging in there? I do think of you often and hope that things have maybe smoothed out a bit. I certainly didn't know what I was doing so I'm sure you are doing fabulous!
Write back soon.

Sarah :)

Anonymous said...

so very nice