Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nobody Told Me There'd Be Days Like These

Yuck.

I'm having one of those days. Not the one where from the moment you wake up everything goes wrong, just one of those days where even though everything is fine, everything sucks at the same time. It's hot, it's raining, I'm at work, everyone is back at work, I really don't have all that much going on at work so the days drag on and on, Danny and I just can't seem to shake this "let's snap at each other constantly" thing the last couple days, which I'm really going to put effort into stopping on my end because I hate that, and it's Wednesday. Even when this day is over, there are still 2 entire more work days to go until the hottest weekend of the year...the Decatur Celebration! Oh boy. I agreed to walk in the parade for work, so that will be sweaty and full of wife-beater-wearing, mullet-sporting, toothless wonders. The big entertainment this year? The Bay City Rollers and the Plain White Ts. Yay? I don't think I'll be attending any performances this year, but I think I say that every year and guess what, I always end up there. So we'll see.

On the other hand, my dad is going to work on the dining room windows and trim (the cleaning, the scraping, the repainting) in the afternoons this week because he doesn't have much else to do. And he finds that kind of the fun or at least worthwhile, so I say, go for it! Less tedious work for me.

Try to remember what you've got going for you on days like these, that's what I try to do, so that's what I'll be doing today.

erin

No comments: