Thursday, July 24, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

But if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

So, I am in a band. Danny is also in this band. I have previously mentioned this band in my blogs.

I have always wanted to sing in a band, always. Now, I'm not saying I'm the next American Idol, but I can carry a tune or two and let's face it, put a microphone in front of me and I'll go to town. So, forever I've always had this thought in the back of my head that it would be cool to be in a band and now I'm in a band. It's funny how that whole "positive thinking" theory really does work out. Lately, I've come to realize the truth behind visualizing yourself in the situation you want and eventually, you'll reach it. Sometimes, this theory really sucks ass because when you really want something, its very hard to just think, "oh SOMEDAY it will work out for me." Yeah right. No one can just be happy with "someday." We want stuff right away or at least we want a general time frame of when we can expect to get what we want. And sometimes, everything has to go horribly wrong before what is suppose to happen, happens. Then it's purely ridiculous to ask someone to continue his or her positive thinking on the subject. My mom always says (as do I because as the years go by, I realize I am my mom...and I'm good with that - shout out to you mom) things will work out the way they are supposed to, you just have to "go with the flow." THIS IS SO TRUE but man, sometimes you just want to say, screw the flow, I'm going to just eat ice cream and bitch until I get my way! Let me say, in certain situations, I will grant anyone their "bitch n' ice cream" session, but you have to get over it eventually.

So here are the examples I can come up with in my life where this positive thinking theory has come to pass. I encourage you all (my devoted throngs of readers) to create your own list.

Be in a band
Get married before my late 20s (not that this was essential, just a goal to shoot for)
Buy a house
Buy a house in the West End
Have a blonde dog ( I seriously almost typed "dong" instead of "dog"...wow, weird.)
Be happy in my life

That's a short list, but it doesn't need to be many things. I have things I am currently positively thinking about that I hope come to be soon, so we'll see.

erin

P.S. please note that all of my blog titles are either song titles or lyrics from a song accept for the "an addition to my last rant" because that was just an addition. So, that's a little something to look forward to. And now that I have told you all about it, I will probably have a REALLY HARD TIME continuing with it!

No comments: