Monday, March 9, 2009

Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego?

Well, we came in 4th.

We were briefly tied for third, but lost the tie-breaker question, so we, the 2 year defending champs, came in 4th out of 16 teams. We still had a good time, though I protested that the categories were not as well-rounded as in previous years. It really all comes down to categories and this year there were too many sports/James Bond questions for my liking. And the bonus round was naming game shows. We usually get if not all those answered, a good 99%. I think this time we left like 5 or 6 blank out of 20 (and this round included a correct answer to a kids' geography-themed game show...thus this blog's title)! I will say though, our team had the best snacks and the most enthusiasm.

The pancake breakfast was a HUGE success! We served over 400 people this year, the biggest crowd in many years.

So it was a good weekend, topped off with excellent mocha cake made by my mother-in-law and a nice Sunday brunch to further celebrate Mom's birthday.

And so we move on to yet another work week (though the boss is sick today...thanks to me and my germs...that's taking one for the team, I think).

erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that spreading of the germs worked for you this time.