1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually wrapping paper, but this year I have some gifts that will be difficult to wrap, so then it's gift bags.
2. Real tree or Fake?
I got a real tree for the first time in my life last year, the first Christmas with Danny in our home. Needless to say, this year (and for many more) we'll be having a fake tree. So messy!
3. When do you put up the tree?
After Thanksgiving, at least by the first week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down?
By New Year's Eve. Now, ask me when we got the portion of the tree that had to be CHAINSAWED OFF off the porch...
5. Do you like eggnog?
I never drink it, so I don't know if that's because I did once and didn't like it, or I just don't drink it. So I don't know. Danny will drink it by the carton, however.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Man, this is a tough one...gifts that really stick out in my mind...the Mall Madness game, my Clarinet, I got a really cool silver phone one year, and some John Lennon-esqe sunglasses...I've had a lot of good presents!
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad...he just has so much cool stuff already!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Actually, Danny. I can usually think of good ideas for him.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, but Mom and Dad had one that I ALWAYS played with. I might dress up Danny and the dogs this year for that "live nativity" in our front yard...
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...if I remember to do it!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Okay, I have gotten some interesting things from various people, but in order to not offend anyone, I'll go with the "That Was Easy" button my sister re-gifted (yes, someone gave it to her) me last year. Of course this was a gag gift and she actually got me the Magic Bullet (!), but it was pretty bad as far as gifts go.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, and yes, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street! Classic!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
October/November/December, it all depends on funds and ideas.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Why yes I have. I'll leave it at that.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Tough one again! Mom's Christmas cookies (back in the good old days when Mom let people eat food - just kidding Mom, sort of!), and Dad's coffee cake on Christmas morning! What happened to that tradition?!
16. Lights on the tree?
I really dig white lights (did I seriously just type "dig"?)
17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Used to stay home, last year Danny and I went to 4, count them 4, Christmases. This year we'll be going to Bloomington to have Christmas at Austin's house!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither, usually we would put that one Reindeer topped pencil that I got in 4th grade at the top of the tree. Last year, we had like 3 ornaments total on our tree, nothing at the top, and this year, let's face it, if Harrison doesn't at least knock the tree over, she'll eat the ornaments off...so I'm not gonna stress about ornaments too much.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Occasionally we got to open one on the eve, but I think that was partially due to the fact that we had to stay up late to attend the Christmas Eve service at church and needed something to help occupy our time. Now, we wait until Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Crowds of people.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like white lights...and I enjoy the antique reds, greens, and golds.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Dad's lasagna, also Dad's two-cheese spaghetti.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I've decided I really do need a wallet.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
Probably no one because I've stolen it from my sister, who stole it from her friend Cecilia! The circle of stealing is complete.
27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
28. Favorite thing about Christmas?
I really love watching people open their gifts even more than I like opening mine...it's the "christmas scheme" of it all! And who doesn't love a good Christmas scheme? I know my family does!