Monday, November 17, 2008

Yummy, yummy, yummy I've got love in my tummy

And I expect it to keep me full!

I have to get weighed next week at the doctor! Frightening!

Ever since this whole "happily in love" thing hit, I've been more comfortable to eat. It's that comfort zone that allows you to give up on some personal appearance aspects of yourself because you are no longer trying to impress the opposite sex, or same sex, whatever your orientation may be. It's the same zone that pushed Danny to wear his Chicago Bears pj pants to the movies with his best friend. It's wonderful and horrible all at the same time. Not to mention, my mother-in-law makes some of the best desserts and Sunday dinners EVERY WEEK that I take great pleasure in eating. Also, my workplace feels the need to have food for any and every occassion. I got to work today and found sheet cake, freshly baked cookies, and doughnut holes, the last two being passed around during the weekly staff meeting. I AVOIDED! And it was very hard, but I have to be publically weighed in 1 week!

I understand that a week does not leave me with much time to drop the 20 pounds I'd like to, but at least not eating cake daily might do some good on the old mid-section area. I also have a wedding approaching in January and while I already have my bridesmaid dress and it fits and looks pretty good, I certainly wouldn't mind paying to have it taken in!

The holiday food deluge is upon us and I'm doing my best to keep my head above water. It's going to be a long few months.

Good luck to us all! (except you skinny bitches! You eat all you can! )

erin

No comments: