Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You're Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady

So, the guy who comes and sprays our work and offices for bugs (while we are still in them, should I be concerned about that?) was just in my office. He is very nice but he ALWAYS calls me "little lady" like I'm 2 or a small show dog or something. I really don't enjoy that and I think I might have come across as less than pleased with his presence today. He comes in:

"Hello, little lady."

Eye roll and dead pan "hi"

"How are you today?"

Still dead pan "fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Oh, yeah."

End.

Please for everyone out there who refers to women as "little lady", "honey", "baby doll", etc. Understand that she might not enjoy that. She might (hubby calls me baby doll, I love it) but if you are the bug guy or the grocery guy or a strange guy in general, she probably doesn't, so don't.

Just had to throw that out there today!

erin

4 comments:

Emily said...

Come on, little lady, don't be so mean! It's better than Milk Jugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on saying "call me Mary" when some "man" calls me "hon" but I have to be in a really good mood for that response....other times I've just said "Don't call me hon" and that makes me seem real bitchy and by this age, that's fine.

Anonymous said...

funny, emily

Anonymous said...

and here's a new one....such a very nice and younger woman than I was helping me at Target today. When I thanked her for helping me, she said, "not at all, Sweetest"....
so what do you think?