Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm walking...

Yes I am!

I got up at 6:30 this morning to walk the dogs, but more so, myself. I need to be in better shape and yesterday it just really all of a sudden hit me like a ton of bricks: "hey! you used to be in much better shape, thinner, and that number on the scale is totally unacceptable!" So I walked.

I wanted to get around 30 minutes in, but it ended up being more like 12 due to frantic leash searching that resulted in only Harrison getting to walk. Somehow, Nick's leash has gone missing and I'm sorry I'm not attempting a walk without it. But then I had an actual breakfast and wasn't rushing around to get ready like usual. So, despite other times that I've promised to do this whole walking thing, I, once again, am going to try to stick with it because my ass is in need of some exercise and morning walks are a really good way to start the day.

The other key to this "shape up" plan is to not eat food at work. Lunch, okay, mid-afternoon snack if I'm dying, perhaps. But, there isn't a day here at work that there isn't some form of dessert or carb in the kitchen and those must be avoided at all costs! As I type there are 2 cakes, a "tub of biscuits", corn bread, apple butter, and reeces pieces sitting on the table! It's simply a habit to think you are hungry all day long. I think back to school days, when lunch would be the only food source for 7.5 hours and that worked out fine. I didn't die, or starve, and even had gym class in there (not that is was necessarily physically challenging). So, here we go again, let's all get in shape!

erin
ps. I also denied myself from titling this post "let's get physical" because that song is annoying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great to get you blogging AND walking again....food at work is a trap for all....what was that trick for avoiding it? thinking it's covered in whatever you hate? something like that. keep up all the good work. You'll look hot in January, as always.