Friday, October 17, 2008

Tossing and Turning All Night

Harrison ate a couple of magazines last night. She thoroughly destroyed a Sports Illustrated (she really has it in for that one) and O Magazine, which, oddly enough was underneath a Better Homes and Gardens that remained undisturbed. Apparently she's a fan. This all took place while we were having band practice in the basement and she was just living it up upstairs.

So, in the destruction, she managed to eat some of the glossy pages. How do I know this? Well, at 2:30 in the morning, I was roused from my sleep by the sound of a puking dog. At first, I didn't realize what was happening. Danny made some noises and said something like "oh god, that's so gross" but he wasn't even awake! I tried to ask him what he was talking about but he wouldn't answer. So then I put two and two together: strange gurgle noises from the floor and Danny talking about something begin gross (apparently he is aware of stuff like that in his sleep- weird!) and then I heard Harrison licking, licking, licking. So I crawl to the end of the bed and she is licking the carpet. In the dark and without my glasses I notice what appears to be a spot on the carpet. So I get up, take her downstairs and outside, get a flashlight and a washcloth and indeed there is a puke spot that I proceed to clean up. I got the dog all settled back down and crawled back into bed. Danny muttered something else in his sleep and I said, "Harrison got sick." He was asleep again.

About 30 minutes later, after just falling back asleep, I hear the dreaded pre-puke heaving down at the end of the bed again. I jumped out of bed, grabbed the flashlight and...too late, she puked again. This time, I saw the actual stuff and there were little bits of magazine! Ah ha! So I get the washcloth again, clean it up, and put her on top of a dog blanket in case she did it again.

So, a bit of a rough night with the dog. Nick and Danny remained unaffected, but the ladies of the house were up. This resulted in not walking this morning because A, I didn't want to get her all amped up the morning after a puke-fest. And B, I was TIRED! So I did some stretching and crunches instead.

All I can say is, it's finally Friday! Although...

I am working on Saturday AGAIN. This is the 3rd weekend in a row that I will have come into work. Saturday at 3pm is our Fall Harvest event, complete with pumpkin decoration, scarecrow building (bring your own cloths), wagon rides, a weiner roast, and at 7pm, Stories Around the Campfire at the Homestead Prairie Farm. Now I will say, reservations were required, but for the 3 people who read this and live in town, we do have some "first-come, first-serve" supplies. There is a fee of a few dollars for each activity.

There is my plug.

Before I get to work however, Danny and I are going to a pumpkin patch for a little husband/wife fall fun! How cute are we? Pretty damn cute!

Have a fabulous weekend!
erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your nephew, his mother and his grandparents could be following you around the patch....then some of us could even make it out to rock springs for the festivities! a fun weekend for all!


sorry about the puking last night....i feel partly responsible as I supplied the O.