Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been one week...

Almost!

Okay, okay, I realize I haven't blogged in almost one week and that is unacceptable! I've either been so busy or seriously have had NOTHING of importance to blog about. And I do have pictures to share, but they won't come for a week or two. So hang in there!

We had a nice weekend. A long one for me anyway. Danny had to work Monday, but not me. And I took off early on Friday, so it was extra long, bonus! However, I had to come into work at 6:45 am on Saturday to prepare and then host the Volunteer Quarterly meeting, but it wasn't so bad and I was home by 10:30.

Had a date night with the hubby on Saturday. We went to dinner/movie. He picked dinner, Red Lobster, and I picked the movie, Nights in Rodanthe. I picked this because A, I wanted to see it, and B, Danny owed me a chick flick. And surprisingly, we both enjoyed the movie. I was slightly skeptical because it was a Nicholaus Sparks movie and while I liked The Notebook and watch it every time it's on tv, it's still super cheesy, I think, in many parts of the movie. But, we liked this one and it was a really nice evening. We're attempting to do this monthly, alternating who picks dinner and who picks the movie.

Saturday I also waited and waited around for the Firedog people to come and calibrate our new tv so it uses less energy and they NEVER SHOWED UP! I just called this morning and set up a new time and apparently they had "scheduling conflicts this weekend." Of course they did.

Sunday was a very sad Bears game and then dinner at the in-laws. Monday was hanging out at mom and dad's with Harrison, who came through her surgery with flying colors and is the most popular dog at the vet.

So now I'm back at work, looking forward to the last week of October (no boss week) and going to visit the Millers on Halloween (that's my sister and b-i-l and nephew).

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good blog...getting in early is good...all 3 of us look early (I do anyway). does the evil woman ever read blogs? does she understand the internet? Is she real? if the answer to these questions is yes, then I hope she reads the comments where I will just say, "evil woman, get a life and quit bothering the rest of us."
There. Now she's sorry.