Monday, August 11, 2008

The Bargain Store

This is a song by Dolly Parton. I tell ya, there is a song for every occasion!

Tuscola proved to be a great success! I laid down a few dollars, but needless to say I will not have to buy anything else for my fall wardrobe this year. I'm not saying I replaced everything I own, but I added 4 new tops, 2 pairs of pants (including black-score!) and a hoodie, plus, Danny got a new shirt out of the deal too. I had a really good time!

After shopping, the three of us (me, Susannah, and our friend Millie) we went swimming at Millie's sister's house. Also lots of fun! We had lunch first at a cute little tea room in Tuscola run by a little old lady and I'm assuming her husband. A limited menu, but excellent food! And well-priced for a tea room.

We got home around 6:15 and Danny was gone golfing so I went to my mom and dad's with Harrison for a few hours and finally home to relax and fall asleep by 10 pm. What a great day that was!

Sunday was breakfast made by the hubby (at noon, but still a nice gesture), more relaxation, dish cleaning, opened windows, funny dogs, dinner with in-laws, leftovers, a movie, laundry folding, and bed.

And it's Monday!

erin

ps. Now, I was promised breakfast in bed on Saturday night at 2:30 in the morning when Danny got home from watching a UFC fight at a friend's house (so fun). I have been promised breakfast in bed before in the wee hours of the morning, and usually, that means "breakfast" at noon. This time I had to wake him up because I was so hungry for food! But he made a good spread!

2 comments:

Little Candle said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend! So what is Danny's speciality to cook for said breakfast in bed?
We got Direct TV on Friday...I spent hours sewing and catching up on movies...Elijah vegged right there with me. Every parent has a right to slack off every once in awhile right?

SArah :)

Anonymous said...

what a great day and you were so thoughtful to bring home some stuff for me! definately a deserved breakfast in bed for you.