Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cat Scratch Fever!

Replace "cat" with "mosquito" and you have my Wednesday...


I am itching like CRAZY! I have had about 947 mosquito bites for the majority of the summer and I tell ya, I'm about to cut my legs off. They are huge, red, scabbed over (from the "scratch until bloody" method I currently use), just welts all over my feet, ankles, and back?! This last one perplexes me as I, more often than not, wear a shirt. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the first freeze to hit any time now.


In other news, I'm going to dinner tonight with my mother and father-in-law and sister-in-law and then we're going to see Mamma Mia. Fun! I guess they went to see it and both enjoyed it (go Dale) and told their sons to take their wives. Sons thought otherwise, so they are taking us and dinner at Pastabilities! Nice! I'll review in my next blog.


And finally, I must devote a portion of my blog today to my own father. He is fabulous. Not only did he help me prime the entire dining room plus ceiling, he then took it upon himself to scrap window trim, prime, paint, clean (like I have new windows clean) and paint the walls of the dining room their final color! I only had to buy supplies and then admire the work done each day when I got home. Plus, he took the dogs out and entertained them and even mowed our lawn! A girl can't do much better in the father department, I tell ya. He would love to finish up the project too (crown molding and baseboards and such) but Danny is going to work on that. He also is happier than a clam that Dad did so much work while he endured the 10/6 work weeks. He now wants a piece of the dining room action and he's got a carpenter friend (actually Jason, a band member) who's going to help him put it all up. This will definately not be done as quickly as Dad would do it, but it will get done soon. However, without the "Max" part of the project, we could still be looking at primed, bare walls. So thank you Dad (and don't worry, a personal thank you will also come again the next time we see you) I love you!

Have a good Wednesday!

erin

No comments: